Sunday, July 18, 2010

My PB Teen Knockoff with a Twist...

Yesterday, I had just a few minutes between my Hobby Lobby run and going to Sam's {without kiddos} so I thought I would run into the Goodwill just to see if there was anything calling my name...I am soooo glad I did! I found this darling ugly lamp shade for a buck 99!!!! I have been waiting for just the right shade to come along so I could redo it for Chloe's room. I am in love with with the Dottie line from Pottery Barn teen, but the shade alone is $35!!! Whoa!!! Not this girl....


So I brought this jewel home and began tearing it apart...I did a search on lamp shade makeovers and realized that a lot are trial and error, so I decided to just go with it...my shade {unfortunately} did not have a lovely white lining on the inside, so the red stayed on. I started with spray adhesive to attach my polka dotted fabric to the outside of the shade. Next came out the big guns {HOT GLUE} I used it sparingly to tuck the fabric into the inside...when I thought it was done, I plugged it in a got glowing red dots??? What? No that isn't the look I was going for at all...ummmpppfff! So I decided that the inside had to be lined as well...now the inside is not as pretty as I am sure the PB one is, but once I got it all covered with the polka dot fabric I no longer had glowing chicken pox...


After it was all wrapped and glowing up nice and pretty, I decided that it could use a little more umph!!! So I added the three rolled flowers out of the white with tiny black polka dots material...they are actually on the seam line of the fabric lining the shade...and then the base just need a little bit of something...seeing as though I hadn't given it ANY attention...so I ripped another long strip of the flower fabric and tied a cute little bow...added a splash of hot glue to attach it and there she is....I heart her!!!!




See no glowing chicken pox!!!!

Here was my inspiration...




Photo from pottery barn



Linking Up Here:

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up     party!





The Girl Creative

Simpsonized Crafts


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

UndertheTableandDreaming



16 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job on your lamp! You were braver than I was by doing a curvier shade!

Hannah
http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

Kenzie said...

It is gorgeous! I love the polka dots! I have a few lamps sitting out in the garage waiting for a makeover but I haven't been brave enough to tackle the lamp shade yet!

LaKeta said...

Kenzie~ Just do it girl! You are very crafty...go for it!

Hannah~ Your lamp shade turned out gorgeous...I love it!

Amanda said...

Wow that came out great!

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

Wonderful! I love your polkadot lamp!! I love the rose/flowers you added too - the whole thing turned out just perfect! :)

Anonymous said...

You certainly could put PB out of the lamp shade biz! The additional flowers are so charming! Love me some polka dots!

LaKeta said...

Thank you ladies!!! Your comments have made my day:)

LaKeta

NoDebtMomma said...

WOW!!! I love it! Great job!!!!

http://craftomaniac.blogspot.com/

mle said...

that look so awesome! I actually prefer it to the pbteen one : ) great job!!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

That is so cute!!! Love those polka dots. :) I've never done a lamp makeover, but this makes me want to try! Thanks for the visit today. :)

McKell said...

DARLING! i love the added flowers & bow especially. so so cute. and glad there are no more glowling chicken pox, haha! :)

*come check out my blog too if you'd like.

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

Oh that lamp shade is just perfect. Love the rosettes!

Kara @ MinefortheMaking.com

Christy said...

I absolutely love this!! The flowers make it even BETTER than the original. :O)

AUDRA said...

Great job!!

Love how it came out.

Thanks for linking up to socialize with me Monday til Sunday.

Lori said...

I love this! Came from Funky Junk. Here is a link to Momspiration Monday. I'd love to have you link up on this =)
http://www.momsbyheart.net/search/label/momspiration%20mondays

Amanda said...

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I linked to this post today from the new Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :) My hope is to share many of the fabulous projects I see everyday with the vast CG audience. I hope you will not only stop by and subscribe to CG, but will tell your friends about the new category! Hope you see some traffic from it!

Your feature will appear in the main Craft Gossip RSS feed, on the main home page and can be found directly here
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/12-lamp-makeovers-and-redos/

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

Photobucket

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails