Saturday, July 18, 2009

Getting Ready 4 Back 2 School!!!




Earlier I posted about my great Craigslist find... a really cool metal desk. I bought it for 25 bucks. Well I have transformed it to make it mine! Wish I had taken a before picture...sorry. This was done with spray paint. I made the zebra stripes with masking tape strips. The polka dots were made using a rather primitive cardboard stencil...haha! I think it is going to look really cool in my classroom this year. I also made a neat little canvas to hang in my room:) Using leftover thickers and acrylic craft paints.

11 comments:

Lauralee said...

Hello. Just checking out new blogs and really like yours. Feel free to come check out mine if you'd like.

Felicia said...

Those are all super cute!! And guess what??!!! You won the necklace!!! Will you email me your address on facebook? I'll get it mailed out sometime this week! Hope you like it! (I have one just like it and wear it all the time!)

Charity said...

I am a homeschooling momma and I want this desk. I would look so vintage cool sitting behind it, it would have to inspire me to be more creative. Great job and thanks for sharing

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

I bet you had a blast painting such variety! Thanks so much for joining Power of Paint Party.

asnipofgoodness said...

OMgoodness! That is TOOOOOO cute, LOVE it, has to be the cutest desk I have ever laid my eyes upon! Thank you so much for sharing....just too cute!

Elder Esplin said...

This desk makes me feel so happy! Great Job.

Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

Heather said...

You just might be the coolest teacher ever. Love the desk!!
PS I followed your link on Shanty2Chic.

Tammy said...

You have to be the coolest teacher ever. My kids (heck even I) love this desk.
Great job keeping learning fun!
tammy

LaKeta said...

Thanks ladies!!! I did have a blast mixing it up....I wish I had taken a b4 pic....oh well! My students love my desk...I did a filing cabinet and bookcase afterwards....I need to post some pics of that:)

Anonymous said...

This turned out so fun and colorful, love it!

Melissa C. said...

I just found your blog from "Oh Boy 4th Grade". I love it!! I am having a giveaway at Life's a Teach!!

Photobucket

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails