Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Secret Santa...

This week the teacher's at my school have been doing Secret Santa...each day has had a theme for guiding you in your gift giving. We set a $25 limit for the week! It has been soooo much fun! For my "something red" day, I wanted to make a cute little recipe card holder {or photo holder} for my giftee

I purchased a small home decor plaque at Wally World for $3.97, a small table top easel for a buck, I used scrapbook paper and a strip of material that I already had on hand. I mod podged the paper to the plaque...scuffed up the edges a tad with my sanding block...created one of those darling fabric rosettes{added a touch of ribbon and a pearl gem} and used E6000 to attach a bulldog clip.... I love how it turned out!



My
"Something Red"





I found some really cute recipe cards for Christmas at ishareprintables.com that I printed on cardstock and created a little note that read "A little something red for you to hang a recipe card or a photo instead" haha! I know I am such a poet...


Linked up to these fun parties:




Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up     party!

8 comments:

nicolette {momnivores dilemma} said...

I love the houndstooth...especially paired with the red. I miss those secret santa days when I was teaching...

If you have a moment tonight, please link this up to Creative Juice Thursday...

:)
nicolette @
http://http://momnivoresdilemma.blogspot.com/2010/12/creative-juice-thursday-3.html

Johnnie said...

Hi! I am a new follower from today's blog hop. I am looking forward to reading more of your blog. Come check out my new blog hop Thrifty Thursdays.
Johnnie

Felicia said...

That is too cute, LaKeta!

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

So pretty. I love the red rosette.

Warmly, Michelle

Meggan said...

You are so creative! Can't wait to try this!

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

Love the color combo! Thanks for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions :) Hope you stop by again soon.

Elizabeth said...

LOVE the houndstooth paper. So cute! What a fun gift! Hope you'll come link up to Made with Love Monday :) The party will be open until Friday so feel free to link up multiple projects. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

joyh said...

I love this idea!! I'm gonna have to make one of these as a late Christmas gift! :) Thanks for sharing! Saw you on TT&J

Photobucket

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails