Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Time For Some Rules...

Ok...so I know that you have probably all seen these sweet "family rules" canvas projects. They are all over blogland, but I have not had the time until just this past weekend to work on one for myself. So... I decided that I didn't really want mine on canvas, but that I would try mine on some boards that I had (read my hubby) already cut. I was first inspired by this post, and then by this post, so then I started playing around .... and here is my finished "family rules" board...I am really pleased with how it turned out :)




1. One board...mine is (roughly) a 12 x24
2. Fun patterned paper. (I cut mine in different sized strips)
3. mod podge :)
4. I used a paint pen and eyeball some fun fonts to write my rules...
5. I then added a fun lil fabric rosette
6. Drilled two holes at the top and added some regular ol' wire...tada!!!


Linking to these parties....

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute and creative! Now if only our kids would abide by them! :o)

Come link up with me Thursday!
terelauritsen.blogspot.com

kim west said...

love it! I did a home rules that I just posted about too! I am going to add your picture with a link to your blog so others can see how adorable --if that's all right with you!

Brittany @ My Decoupaged Life said...

Visiting from Hoo's Got Talent. How adorable! i really like it.
mackenzieseverdaymom.blogspot.com

AUDRA said...

I too am working on one of these rule boards that I've seen every where!

So cute!

I would love it if you could link up to
http://simpsonizedcraftsandthensome.blogspot.com/2010/05/socialize-with-me-monday-til-sunday.html

Tonia said...

Very cute! I should make something like this!
Visiting from The Girl Creative

brandi @ tales of a domestic goddess said...

i love the idea!! i thought you used a cricut, good eye ballin' =)

brandi@blakadomesticgoddess.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

that is really cute, i like it a lot!

Leslie said...

I have not seen this idea yet, so I am so excited that you posted this adorable project. Thanks for linking up to Hoo's got talent!

CraftyMummy said...

So cute! and I love your family rules too. Popped over from Hoo's got Talent..

Anonymous said...

I love it and the rules! Thanks for linking @PonyTails&FishScales~Party Time Thursday!

terelauritsen.blogspot.com

the pleated poppy said...

love it! i really like how tall and skinny it is - great job!

Rachelle said...

I love it! You chose great fonts girl! Great job!

Thanks for sharing

Rachelle

Katie said...

I love the look of your board and the rules themselves! So sweet!!

Unknown said...

That looks great!
Thanks for sharing @ last week's Anything Related!

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

This is super cute. The colors and patterns are very cute and fun! Great idea and fabulous job! Thanks so much for joining The Sunday Showcase Party. I greatly appreciate it! Hope you are enjoying your week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

I really like this version... great job!

Photobucket

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails