Saturday, August 28, 2010

M.I.A

Wow! Since school has started back I have not had the time to work on any projects! Boo!!! I think {hopefully} we should be getting into some kind of routine...we will be on week 3 Monday.

My mom is a 1st grade teacher. She rocks too! She has one of the cutest classrooms ever. She asked me to paint some of her classroom furniture this summer. So last weekend I painted her book cart lime green and black zebra. She has a jungle theme going on...but wanted to add some "POPS" of color!

This weekend I have been working on this little bookshelf for her room. Here is the before...

Such a cute little shelf...simple with a cute scallop edge...this piece was in my room as I was growing up...so it's truly vintage...lol! I sanded this beauty and primed it. Then painted it with a flat black spray paint. After the spray paint dried, I used strips of torn painters tape to make zebra stripes...this will work as a mask.


Then I sprayed Krylon's Ocean Breeze Blue {my favorite color right now} on the sides of the bookshelf.


Remove the tape when the spray paint is dry. And VIOLA~ instant zebra stripes!!!!


I decided she really needed a little more wow factor, so I used Krylon's Sun Yellow on the top and to pop that darling scalloped edge...and of course EVERYTHING needs a little polka dot action....I think she turned out precious....and MOM loves it!!!!!
Linking up:
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special



7 comments:

Kristen @ Hope Abound said...

That looks so fun! You did a great job on the stripes. I would have never thought to do that. Very creative!

Julie said...

Wow! What a bookshelf! Thanks for stopping by my blog & leaving such a sweet comment about my daughter's room. I'm so happy I could help you out with bedding! I think you'll like it! It comes with the shams, too! Stop back by anytime!

Blessed Mommy of 2 said...

Love the Ocean Breeze Blue color! =)

Unknown said...

LOVE THE BOOK SHELF, you did a fantastic job, well done. Jen

Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

I somehow just found you and became your newest follower. Im loving the projects Ive seen thus far.
My suggestion: unless its already been done and I just havent found it yet, you should totally do a post on your mom's classroom. It sounds amazing!
Sarah
HandbagsnPigtails.blogspot.com

Kara Marie said...

That looks awesome!!!

I received this blog award today and I'm paying it forward to you! I hope you will pay it forward as well :)
http://oneplusoneequalslove.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-first-blog-award.html

Have a great day!!

oh' boy said...

thanks for linking up... i love it!!! good luck!!!

Photobucket

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails