Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Out of this World....Classroom Message Globe


So after being completely blown away by Stephanie's {Under The Table and Dreaming} Globe makeover I knew I needed one for my classroom...I decided that I would look for a globe and figured it would take me a while to find one...believe me the one in my classroom did cross my mind, but we actually use that globe in Social Studies, so I quickly discarded that thought...hehehe!


Then low and behold...as I was going through some leftover stuff from a retiring teacher, I spotted this beat up, old, dusty globe stashed in a corner. Could it be???? Were my eyes playing tricks on me???

No...it really was there hidden among many other treasures. So I brought this little guy home and followed the tutorial given by Stephanie...except I didn't use spray on chalkboard paint because I still had some in a can, so I just brushed a few coats on. I did spray paint the base in a silver metallic Krylon brand spray paint...and after 24 hours....this is my new little message center for my classroom... I am in love!!!!


My students are going to love this!!!! I have a feeling we will go through quite a bit of chalk this year!!!! ;)



Thank you Stephanie for sharing your makeover....

and guess who else thinks this is a good idea???? Someone with the initials PB...hmmm...






13 comments:

Kenzie said...

I love your globe! I saw Stephanie Lynn's too and thought that I wanted one but I don't really have anywhere to put a globe so I didn't bother looking for one....yet! Your kids are going to love it!

Kristine at The Painted Hive said...

I absolutely love this. My hubby's a teacher and now I want to make one for him. Love it to bits!
Kristine
The Painted Hive
xxx

Lauralee said...

Awesome possum. That is creative.

Beth@The Stories of A2Z said...

So cute! This idea has been around for awhile and it's a keeper! Your globe looks great. Thanks so much for linking up!

Randi said...

I just love this idea ... I'm on the hunt for a garage sale globe that I can paint. Yours looks great.

Lisa said...

That is REALLY cute! What a fun idea and I love it even though I'm not a teacher!

Amanda@The Hand Me Down House said...

This is SO cute, Laketa! I saw this on Under the Table and Dreaming last week too -- you did an excellent job!! :)

Megan said...

Love this idea! I think my kids would love one in their room... I feel a new project to add to the list! Thanks for sharing!

~Megan

sportzmom said...

What a great idea!

Cheryl said...

Great idea. My sons globe broke and my mom said wouldn't it be neat if you hung it from his ceiling as a decoration. When the new PB catalog came out, what was inside, but a room filled with globes hanging from the ceiling. LOL.

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

I think this is the cutest idea. I'm looking at my vintage globe contemplating painting it. Super cute!

Julia said...

This is such a cute idea!! I just love it:).

~Julia

Jamie Wells said...

I just ran across you blog.. I love the globe! This makes me want to become a school teacher even more!

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails