Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Out of this World....Classroom Message Globe


So after being completely blown away by Stephanie's {Under The Table and Dreaming} Globe makeover I knew I needed one for my classroom...I decided that I would look for a globe and figured it would take me a while to find one...believe me the one in my classroom did cross my mind, but we actually use that globe in Social Studies, so I quickly discarded that thought...hehehe!


Then low and behold...as I was going through some leftover stuff from a retiring teacher, I spotted this beat up, old, dusty globe stashed in a corner. Could it be???? Were my eyes playing tricks on me???

No...it really was there hidden among many other treasures. So I brought this little guy home and followed the tutorial given by Stephanie...except I didn't use spray on chalkboard paint because I still had some in a can, so I just brushed a few coats on. I did spray paint the base in a silver metallic Krylon brand spray paint...and after 24 hours....this is my new little message center for my classroom... I am in love!!!!


My students are going to love this!!!! I have a feeling we will go through quite a bit of chalk this year!!!! ;)



Thank you Stephanie for sharing your makeover....

and guess who else thinks this is a good idea???? Someone with the initials PB...hmmm...






13 comments:

Kenzie said...

I love your globe! I saw Stephanie Lynn's too and thought that I wanted one but I don't really have anywhere to put a globe so I didn't bother looking for one....yet! Your kids are going to love it!

Kristine at The Painted Hive said...

I absolutely love this. My hubby's a teacher and now I want to make one for him. Love it to bits!
Kristine
The Painted Hive
xxx

Lauralee Beth said...

Awesome possum. That is creative.

Beth said...

So cute! This idea has been around for awhile and it's a keeper! Your globe looks great. Thanks so much for linking up!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I just love this idea ... I'm on the hunt for a garage sale globe that I can paint. Yours looks great.

Lisa said...

That is REALLY cute! What a fun idea and I love it even though I'm not a teacher!

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

This is SO cute, Laketa! I saw this on Under the Table and Dreaming last week too -- you did an excellent job!! :)

Megan said...

Love this idea! I think my kids would love one in their room... I feel a new project to add to the list! Thanks for sharing!

~Megan

sportzmom said...

What a great idea!

Cheryl said...

Great idea. My sons globe broke and my mom said wouldn't it be neat if you hung it from his ceiling as a decoration. When the new PB catalog came out, what was inside, but a room filled with globes hanging from the ceiling. LOL.

Nita Stacy said...

I think this is the cutest idea. I'm looking at my vintage globe contemplating painting it. Super cute!

Julia said...

This is such a cute idea!! I just love it:).

~Julia

Jamie Wells said...

I just ran across you blog.. I love the globe! This makes me want to become a school teacher even more!

Photobucket

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails