Friday, December 3, 2010

Teacher Christmas Gift! ! !

Back in October I was at Hobby Lobby digging through the clearance like a mad woman when a bargain aisle caught my eye.


See this little metal sign
My wheels went to spinning...what could I do with this??? I put one in my buggy and walked around for a minute before the lightbulb moment happened...Christmas gifts for my children's teachers! I ran like a black friday shopper walked back to the clearance aisle and scooped up the other two boards...


I mean seriously...a clearanced metal board... some magnets {those are in the works}...add a little modge podge, scrapbook paper, an adorable flower and viola...an economical gift! That I {as a teacher} would love!

Linking up to these great parties:
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the  weekend      wrap    up           party!

UndertheTableandDreaming






7 comments:

alison said...

I love it! I've never considered recovering cheap boards like this. such a great idea. thanks for sharing, its lovely!

RedTedArt said...

Oh we like recycling too and a lovely project to make for a teacher!


Would love for you to link up at Kids Get Crafty? It's every Wednesday over at Red Ted Art, current linky: http://www.redtedart.com/2010/12/01/kids-get-crafty-robots/

Hope to see you there!

Maggy

Anonymous said...

Very cute idea! Thanks for sharing your great project. I will have to keep my eye out for some metal signs to make over.
Brooke
thecraftcave.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That is great. I wish my mind worked like that. :-)

Chrissy + Nate said...

ADORABLE! And such an easy idea too! I'm a teacher and I would LOVE to get a gift like this!!! Thanks for sharing! Stopping by from TT&J :)

Elizabeth said...

What a clever and thoughtful idea! Would love for you to link up to Made with Love Monday at Sew Chatty! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

This is great I featured you on my blog today - Today's Top 20. Would love if you could stop by!
Amanda
todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com
P.S. Also, would greatly appreciate it if you could click the widget in the top right corner. Each click we get P&G will donate 1 day of clean water! It's free! And you get great samples and coupons if you would like! Thanks!

Photobucket

Swidget 1.0

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails